Friday, March 14, 2008

YOURS TILL NIAGRA FALLS

YOURS TILL NIAGRA FALLS 
(An anthology of English poems)

A monologue:
Whenever I observe the beautiful and fascinating object of nature, I tend towards a deep inspiration and my secret, sacred, natural, paranormal, imaginary and romantic qualities grow up. I hold my pen and put down my gut-feelings in shortest possible way, i-e in form of verse or lyrics. While doing so, I find myself among the beauties of nature, may be that’s why I am a person who can savor the taste of loneliness of which majority of others can not. I can perceive heavenly beauties closely before me just like a picture appears on a screen. Poetry creates imagination and imagination is the window to tomorrow and fountain of one’s life. Einstein reckons imagination more important than knowledge. In fact, it is imagination that removes the layers from our eyes and awakens our senses just before the real things that surround us. To me, nothing could be happened or exist without imaginations. A poet is a sensitive soul who takes care of his inner-self and outer-self at one fell swoop. He not only writes about the things around him with yawning thoughts but he can access where the sun can not. And I believe, a soul-stirring poetry is composed or painted with poet’s life-blood. I can remember my feelings when I am with other people. Many of us remember days but I remember moments, the moments when I feel happy or angry, safe or afraid; my feelings can help me – to make good choices. I am struggling against my will-power, I was indecisive initially but now … I am not too sure:) Now I want to fantasize owing help from reality because at the end of the day, “It is better to read the weather forecast before you pray for rain”.

Lastly, I would like to dedicate this work To my WIFE & to my GIRL FRIEND & I pray to Almighty- may they never meet:)

Keep smiling, Keep reading, http://mahtabbashir.blogspot.com/ 

& keep praying!

Muhammad Mahtab Bashir ISLAMABAD.Cell: 0333 53 63 248 mahtabbashir@gmail.com


1 comment:

Sidra said...

& I pray to Almighty Allah, may they never meet.

:).........:)..........:)

JOURNALISTS RAISE VOICE FOR THE RESTORATION OF ISLAMABAD'S PRISTINE GREEN CHARACTER

Pledge to highlight the importance of preserving City's ecological gems amidst the evolving urban landscape through digital media platfo...