Friday, March 14, 2008

SLAVE OF MEMORIES

I wish you’re a gurgling little butterfly
I may capture you and have utmost fun
I wish you’re an exotic flower
I may put you in pages of my book
I wish you’re a precious little gem
I may have a garland around my neck

But you’re neither of it all
You’re like flowing water
You’re like a flying bird
You’re like a blowing wind
You’re like a flourishing memory
How can I seize you

You bewitched me under all suspects
O’ my memories! O’ past time!
You’ve made me your obedient slave
Please unleash me from your magic.

Published in weekly MAG, Nov 08-14, 2003, US magazine, The News.

Muhammad Mahtab Bashir
mahtabbashir@gmail.com
ISLAMABAD

No comments:

JOURNALISTS RAISE VOICE FOR THE RESTORATION OF ISLAMABAD'S PRISTINE GREEN CHARACTER

Pledge to highlight the importance of preserving City's ecological gems amidst the evolving urban landscape through digital media platfo...