Sunday, May 25, 2008

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER AGAIN…

By: MUHAMMAD MAHTAB BASHIR
ISLAMABAD
mahtabbashir@yahoo.com


· I would have talked less and listened more.
· I would have invited all my friends over to dinner even if the carpet was filthy and the sofa set faded.
· I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather and my maternal grandfather ramble about their youth.
· I would have sat in the lawn with my wife and children not worrying about grass stains.
· I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.
· There would have been more “I love you”, more “I’m sorry” and more “Thank you dear”.
· But mostly, if I’m given another shot at life, I would seize every minute, look at it and really, live it and never give it back.
· Lastly, I would tell all my friends that I need their love and affection and that my life would be empty without them!

MUHAMMAD MAHTAB BASHIR
House # 2026, Street # 32,
I-10/2, ISLAMABAD.
Cell: 0300 52 56 875
mahtabbashir@gmail.com

Maha from Lahore Emails':
Jun 7, 2008 8:33 AM
hi
AOA Whts up?
ur mails are very nice.
tnx 4 sending me
Regards
MAHA

Michelle from Australia Emails':
Jun 7, 2008 9:11 AM
Hi Muhammad Mahtab Bashir,
I just came across you- via the below email- and i read and liked your poem "Another life to live…"
I receive google alerts on the key word 'live life'. My name is Michelle, i'm from Sydney, Australia. I am trying to learn more about how to live life to the full... and i think it's hard to do in this modern world... when i finish worknig out how to live life to the full in this modern world i live in- i might write about it! I think alot of people are trying to do it!!
So lovely to have come across you... i did a quick google search on your name and found the following articles:
Gagging the Media
Muhammad Mahtab Bashir
http://www.thefrontierpost.com/News.aspx?ncat=ar&nid=92&ad=16-11-2007
‘Harmonious ties’
http://www.dawn.com/2007/08/04/letted.htm
so it looks like you are from Pakistan? and it looks like you are active/political/socially conscious and a good writer (smile).
I wonder what else are you interested in, and do you have any other material or leads or authors for me to read and/or to follow up on- in my quest to find out how to live a full/er life?
Well- lovely to have met you online and best wishes (smile).
Kind regards,

Michelle

No comments:

IRAN’S “TRUE PROMISE” VS. U.S “IRONCLAD SUPPORT”: A FAILURE OF INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM

Mahtab Bashir 0333 53 63 248 mahtabbashir@gmail.com Islamabad Iran strikes Israel on Sunday   Iran's first direct attack on Israeli soi...