Saturday, September 20, 2008

Bus YADEIN'... YADEIN' reh jati hain, kuch chotti chotti batein reh jati hain...

By Muhammad Mahtab Bashir
Islamabad
mahtabbashir@gmail.com

Today is the most lamentable day of my living as I lost one of the bequests of my dear late brother- his motor bike(Honda CD-70), bearing registration No. IDD-8284, was brought to our home at F.6/4, Islamabad by Moazzam Bhai (my eldest bro) in 1984, when I was a minor and given away by smallest brother (myself) after a span of two and half decades.

I have had very blessed memories with that two-wheeler started of from my early schooling. Those were supposedly the chilliest mornings of my life when I used to stood up early hours with a rucksack (school bag) over my feeble shoulders and whispered timidly besides the bed of Moazzam Bhai to please get up, I’m getting late (from school). And Since than I have grown with that black coloured magic machine with a lot of activities.

From my early schooling to my relatively maturity till its deliverance, my happy belonging to this bike never get reduced. I went riding over it to places.


It (bike) remained intact with Moazzam Bhai after few years of his marriage (in 1992) and later on when he was posted to Karachi back in early 90’s, he transformed his life on four-wheeler (Or may be he was in Islamabad as an Assistant Commissioner Income Tax, I am not sure here) Anyways, Moazzam Bhai became the owner of Charade-turbo that sprinted on petrol. I remember its colour was shocking scarlet and now that little appliance (bike) was shared by Moody (my another brother) in late 90’s. Soon after, Moazzam Bhai sold out Charade and got Suzuki-Margalla that is still a part of his family. Meanwhile, Suzuki Potohar & few other official green plated vehicles were also used by Bhai.

It is pertinent to mention here both Moazzam Bahi and Moody survived for quite a number of times while riding this. Both of them met severe accidents and narrowly escaped. In early 2000, Moody bought Suzuki Mehran and hence I became the proprietor of that black bike. Later, Masood Bhai gifted me brand new Motor bike HN-106 ICT model 2006.


Now I hardly used that old bike of Moazzam Bhai and it was parked in the porch of house. In the meantime, Moazzam Bhai transferred to Gujranwala as Deputy Commissioner Gujranwala Region from Ministry of Commerce, where he worked as Deputy Secretary. After sometime, I tried to get his signature on a ‘Transfer Latter- power of attorny’ as an approval to give that bike away but suddenly he got ill and my mind never turned back again on that matter of reassign his bike to my name.

Time passed away briskly as it refused to allow both of us to communicate on such matter because of Moazzam Bhai’s awful health. I visited him quite a number of times after his first surgery, and he seemed quite energetic. However, his health drastically started deteriorating and after battling valiantly against deadly disease, he left us for heavenly abode in early 2008.

Teri Qurbat Kay Lamhay Phool Jaisay
Magar Phoolo’ Ki Umrain’ Mukhtasar Hain


Shortly, I started embracing number of offers from friends, relatives and acquaintances to sell this bike to them and I always refused them with minor excuses, knowing that they don’t evaluate the value of my emotional attachment to this bike.


Now .... although that bike refused to role on, Mobil-oil leaked out on the floor of porch and engine seemed ceased, and Ammi Abbu also started showing annoyed attitude over such situation. Ultimately, a moment came when I succumbed against my strength of will and I planned to sold out that ‘precious gift’ to one of my old friend.

Suraj Kay Sath Doob Gaya Mera Dil Bhi Aaj
Itna Udaas Shaam Ka Manzar Kabhi Na Tha


I sold out that because of the fact that it was not the ONLY ‘souvenir’ of my dear late brother to me. I have spend my whole life accumulating things from him as he was the most generous and big hearted person on this planet, I've ever identified. He presented me a number of colognes, branded shirts, t-shirts, trousers, sweaters, neck-ties, watches, cufflinks, shoes, and the list never ends. He made me aware of all the electronic revolutionary devices ranging from mobile to digital diary, Handi-Cam to VCD, or I-pod to digital camera when none of these articles were widely known as they are now. The system (computer- CPU) through I am conversing you guys- is my beloved brother’s memento, introduced to me in mid 90’s.

My brother was a gem of a person. I miss him a lot and I continue to do so until I join him.

I am sorry my brother! I know heaven becomes a sunny spot with your arrival there. I want to share with you my feelings bro... and u know - When I think of you I dream a dream & I hope I never wake up, but ...

Dear readers! Allow me to quote here some excerpts from one of my favorite book authored by Mukhtar Masood titledAwaz-e-Dost’. It seems very much attacking to my 'sanctity' over the very issue :(


He said, “kisi khandan may aik guldaan ko buzurgon’ ki nishani samajh kar dil-o-jaan say hifazat ki jati thi. Phir halaat nay pansa palta, ‘farsooda daor’ ‘taraqqi yafta daor may taghiyyur-pazeer hua to aik din betay nay guldaan tor dia. Boorha baap bistar par leta sab kuch deikh raha tha. Guldaan kay toot-tay hi baitay ko apnay paas bulaya aur kaha, Beta! Hifazat ka daor khatam hua aur ab nadamat ka daor shuru ho ga, jo shaied kabhi khatam na ho.”

Let me affirm you here, I am not at all against the facilities, conveniences or amenities of this science & technology era but quite bravely speaking one must not prioritize these windfalls over the laborious lives and experiences of seniors.


Log Bazaar Mein Baich Aay Hain Shamsheer-o-Kalam
Ghar May Rakhtay Bhi Buzurgo’ Ki Nishani Kab Tak.

p.s: With the time drsatically changed (for me), after the untimely death of Moazzam Bhai, Rehana Bhabhi decided to sold out his Suzuki (Mragalla) and got Suzuki (Cultus), lasy year. Moody got Toyota (VITZ) in 2009 saling Suzuki (Mehran). Mukarram Bhai (CMH, Rawalpindi) is enjoying his life with Toyota (Corolla) & Suzuki (Mehran), Masood bhai (posted in Myanmar) has Toyota Coraolla (model unknown), and Aftab has a bike (Honda- red coloured) while I'm happy with my own Sawari- (Honda CD 70- again black).

MAHTAB BASHIR
ISLAMABAD
mahtabbashir@yahoo.com
Cell: 0300 52 56 875

No comments:

IRAN’S “TRUE PROMISE” VS. U.S “IRONCLAD SUPPORT”: A FAILURE OF INTERNATIONAL SYSTEM

Mahtab Bashir 0333 53 63 248 mahtabbashir@gmail.com Islamabad Iran strikes Israel on Sunday   Iran's first direct attack on Israeli soi...